Sunday 16 October 2005

...And please welcome on the trapeze, all the way from the mysterious plains of Sun Alliance, the Amazing Perkins!

On the train yesterday, I read the following strapline of someone else's copy of the money section of the Times: 'Anne Ashworth calls for insurers to be judged on how they perform in a circus'. Unfortunately, barely had I begun composing in my head my letter to the Times, backing Anne Ashworth to the hilt, and personally pledging to insure my flat with whichever insurer showed most flair when diving from the high wire into a tiny tub of water, juggling scimitars, or placing his head in the mouth of a tiger; when I noticed the final word was in fact 'crisis'. Rats.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm pleased to note someone else does/did this. Life is a lot more fun when misread. And then lonelier.

Micheal Jackson said...

A very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed gas station near me open 24 hour
and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks