Monday 12 December 2005

Stop acknowledging Weimaraners

You know how Word underlines things helpfully for you from time to time? Not just mistakes, these days, but people and places too, so that if you write 'Adolf Hitler became Chancellor of Germany in 1933', little underlinings pop up, which if you click them offer to help you plan a trip to Germany to check, or, failing that, to set up a meeting with Adolf Hitler, and get the story straight from the horse's mouth. Well, it just did it with the word 'Labradors'. What on earth did it want me to do with Labradors? I know Labrador, singular, is a place I might wish to rush off to with the help of my ever-vigilant word processing programme, but Labradors, plural? What was it going to offer to do? Set up some walkies? So I clicked it. And got just one option. 'Stop recognising Labradors.'

Well, I've tried, Doctor; Lord knows I've tried, but it's a compulsion.

Oh look, that's Charlie. You see? I just can't help myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what version of Word you're using, but I want to use that one, too.

Anonymous said...

I thought you meant not recognizing Labradors in the Parliamentary sense: "The Chair recognizes the Labrador delegate from Okak". . .
Perhaps you should submit an addendum to this effect for the next edition of "Robert's Rules of Order" ?

remas haytham said...

شركة رش مبيد بابها
شركة عزل الاسطح بابها
شركة تنظيف فلل بابها
مكافحة النمل الابيض بابها
شركة مكافحة البق بابها
شركة مكافحة الصراصير بابها
شركة تسليك المجارى بابها
تنظيف خزانات بابها
ما هي افضل شركة تنظييف منازل بالرياض