Monday, 3 May 2010

'Excuse me, do you sell eggs?'

I thought I'd seen the ultimate in up-front salesmanship with We Sell Paint. But of course I should have realised that for true no-frills plain-speaking, I needed to visit Yorkshire. I mean, it could be argued that the vendor here could have got his message across in fewer words. But my God, he makes every one count.



In other news, I'm doing the Vote Now Show again tonight - broadcast at 11pm on Radio 4. I also did the one last Wednesday, which will still be available on iPlayer for a bit.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

One thing you can guarantee in Yorkshire... they call a spade a spade. or in this case... an egg an egg!

Robert Hudson said...

When I went there, they'd run out of eggs.

Richard O. Smith said...

John: Do you sell eggs?
Farmer: Oh, you're a comedian.
John: That's right - so you must listen to the Now Show?

Amanda Prefect said...

Anyway, if you believe the Two Ronnies, it's spelt X. (Or is that Norfolk?)

Anonymous said...

Did you buy any eggs?

toni said...

I found the final product! http://kyntello.tumblr.com/post/36990997028