Sunday 11 September 2005

John spends a happy morning designing a shrine to himself.

Look what I built!

You see, for a long time now I've felt the internet, good though it is, has been lacking something. Specifically, a page devoted to how great I am. I've been waiting patiently for several years for someone to set one up, but no, as ever, the really important stuff is left up to me to do. So here it is. What do you think?

And incidentally, does anyone have any idea what those Chinese characters below the banner mean? My guess is: 'A thousand thousand curses on the ignorant foreigner who uses our ancient language to decorate his website because he thinks it's pretty. Also, we've read Amy Evans' Strike, somehow, and we think there are many glaring plotholes, and that the characterisation is flimsy at best. Give it a miss. Love and kisses, The Chinese.'

6 comments:

James Casey said...

Looks good. I'd suggest adding links from this page to the rest of your site.

James Casey said...

...no, no, no, I WILL suggest it! Not for me the mere hypothetical subjunctive; let's get all indicative on this shiznit.

John, I suggest you add links from this page to the rest of your site.

Anonymous said...

I hate this filth. Isn't it typical of the internet these days, when one two-bit graduate of a reasonable university, who happens to have a small amount of talent and access to an internet connection and the English language, can openly make amusing jokes on a website of his own name? Yuk, I've been sick.

In anger,

Incandescent of Poole

gayatriramdas said...

i think youre amazing john and no shrine is holy enough for your genius

gayatriramdas said...

i think youre amazing john and no shrine is holy enough for your genius

Anonymous said...

Some shrine. I for one refuse to praise anybody with a shrine for general excellence unless there's something in it for me.

It doesn't have that feature where Fennemore worshipers can light a virtual candle after we say a prayer to you to intercede with God to get us some favor we are too unworthy to merit without your intercession.

Forget Chinese calligraphy: we demand a virtual candle feature for yours to be taken seriously as a shrine.

Yours truly,
Disgruntled devotee