Monday 15 May 2006

If I keep this plug short enough, perhaps we can all pretend it never happened.

I have written a fifteen minute TV play, which will be broadcast today (Monday 15th) on BBC1, at 2:35. It's called Semi-Detached; and is part of a series called Brief Encounters. If you're an Imogen Stubbs fan, you will be interested to know it stars Imogen Stubbs. If you hate Imogen Stubbs, I advise you to keep well away. But also... what are you thinking? Imogen Stubbs is great.

Plus, the BBC7 monologues I wrote and performed are still happening, here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/drama/shorts.shtml.

And that's all the pluggery. For now.

4 comments:

James Lark said...

I LOVE Imogen Stubbs.

Unfortunately I was teaching at 2.35 today and in any case I don't have a TV license.

So what I want to know is, because I want very badly to witness this Stubbs/Finnemore brilliance:

1. Will there be a DVD release?
2. Or will it be included on a DVD of Imogen Stubbs' greatest moments free with the Daily Mail?
3. Or will there be a dodgy bootleg video to buy on ebay?

John Finnemore said...

There has been a dvd release. It was a slightly conservative print run of 1, and it was released to me. Next time you're in London, give me a ring, and I'll organise a showing.

Anonymous said...

Please give us some warning next time, I would have liked to see that. Put me down for an invite to the showing too please! I'll bring the popcorn.

John Finnemore said...

Hi Vic - glad you liked it! Yes, I can certainly send you the script - e-mail me at shout at myfirstnameandlastname dotcom and I'll bung it over. James and Lady Lyndhurst (And I hope that IS your official title, your Ladyship), obviously this goes for you too. I just didn't think of it before.