Monday 2 November 2009

Oh my God! The 134 from Chesham Broadway doesn't stop in Tring!


A poster I saw on a bus-stop in Hertfordshire:



Really? As shocked as that? Crikey. Just what kind of information are we talking about? Because, I can't help noticing, she doesn't seem shocked in a pleased way, like someone whose Hertfordshire travel knowledge has been expanded to hitherto undreamt of widths. Frankly, she looks as if a more honest strapline would be "You'll be horrified and appalled at how much information is available." Is some of the information about her? Does she maybe have a disgruntled ex-boyfriend who works for Hertfordshire Travel Information? Whatever's going on, I'm scared to go there now. Both to the site, and to Hertfordshire.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Shocked... you should be! I agree this lady is definitely not looking surprised in a good way... my computer's thesaurus suggests an alternative word to shocked is traumatised which, I think, is what this lady will be once her ex had finished spilling the beans! I think, in this case, it’s not “how much” information but the precise nature and content of the information that’s available. I bet she’s been wondering where those dodgy pictures form their “private collection” went to after she dumped him. www.intalink.org.uk may just provide the answer! Brilliant spot John; it really does not make you want to go to Herts does it? At least by public transport.

But that’s just one explanation.

Or is she is building up for a really huge sneeze? Which means she probably has Swine flu, and again does not enamour the place to visitors.

Richard O. Smith said...

At last , a poster campaign alerting people to be vigilant against harmonica theft - it's clearly more common than you think.

Ellie said...

Im just laughing at the past 2 posts :) They made me smile! xx

Steve Shaw said...

I've actually just been moaning at my Hertfordshire train service about the horrific lack of information at their stations.
Maybe she's aghast at how they could be so inept not to put any of the website info on a simple poster. Perhaps instead of ones saying 'go to the website'?
Simple logistical considerations...

Steve Shaw said...

^ slightly bitter, slightly off topic I know...